Luciano Kruk was born on July 20, 1974, in Buenos Aires and in 2000 got a degree in Architecture at the University of Buenos Aires, where he taught Project until 2009. Nowadays, he continues to develop his academic activity as Visiting Professor. As such, he has been invited by the Superior Technical School of Architecture of Madrid (ETSAM-UPM); Iuav University of Venice; UNIVALI of Santa Catarina, in Brazil; USJT of São Paulo, in Brazil; and the Argentinian universities of San Martín (USAM), of Congreso (UC), in Mendoza, and of San Juan (UNSJ), where he conducted a post-graduate seminar. He has also given seminars and lectures at different conference series in Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Spain and Italy.
Between 2000 and 2012, Luciano was a partner at BAKarquitectos architecture office (Besonías-Almeida-Kruk), where his work gained much recognition: among other awards, he received First Prize for Individual Housing Project at the 2007 and 2009 Biennials held by CAPBA; the Special Prize Eduardo Sacrite presented by CAPBA in 2005; First Prize from Alucobond for Young Architecture in 2005; and the Great Prize at the CPAU/SCA Biennial in 2006.
In 2012 he founded Luciano Kruk arquitectos architectural office, where he has been carrying out numerous individual and collective housing projects.
In 2015, Luciano was chosen as a representative for Argentina in the 9th International Festival of Architecture and Urbanism “Architecture Week Prague”, which took place in Prague, Check Republic.
His works have been published in numerous specialized media both in Argentina and abroad, in different countries in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
He has been invited as professor at the following universities:
-Superior Technical School of Architecture of Madrid (ETSAM-UPM), ETSAM, 2016
-Iuav University of Venice, Italy, Workshop WAVE Cicle 2012.
-USJT of São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil (2011)
-National University of San Juan, Argentina (2013)
-University Univalí, Santa Catarina, Brazil (2014). -University of San Martin, Argentina (2015).
He has lectured in the following cycles:
- Cycle Design Patagonia, 2007, Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes, Neuquén.
- Lecture Series 2007, Professional Council of Architecture and Urbanism of Buenos Aires.
- Pos seminar graduation USJT, Sao Paulo, Brazil, 2011.
- International Architecture Congress ARQEX, Merida, Mexico, 2014
- International Congress of Architecture, Mendoza, Argentina, 2015
- First Prize for Franz House (2012) in SCA “Sociedad Central de Arquitectos”, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Prize for Architectural Planning for JD House (2011), Bienal of Architecture of Buenos Aires and Chamber of Architects, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Architecture Award ARQ Argentina (2011) for House Cher, Mention in the category Smaller Scale.
- Prize for Architecture, Planning, Research and Theory for “Beach House” (2009), Chamber of Architects of the Province of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
-Second Prize Competition “Architecture and Brick” for “Brick House, XII BA09 International Biennial of Architecture in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Third Honorable Mention for Concrete House (2008) XVI BAQ Arqutecture Biennial, Pan Quito, Ecuador.
- First Biennial Prize for Architecture Planning, Research and Theory (2007) for Concrete House, Chamber of Architcts of the Province of Buenos Aires.
- Grand Prix Biennial CPAU / SCA (2006) for “House Blue Sea” Professional Council of Architecture and Urbanism of the City of Buenos Aires and Central Society of Architects.
- Architecture Biennale Award Sacriste Planning, Research and Theory (2005) for “House Blue Sea” Chamber of Architects of the Province of Buenos Aires.
- First Young Architecture Prize in 2005, organized by Alucobond.
-The 9th Festival of Architecture and Urbanism ¨Architecture Week Prague 2015¨, Prague, Czech Republic
- Display Recent Work Argentina for Concrete House, COAM Foundation (Colegio Oficial Arquitectos Madrid) January 2011. Madrid, Spain.
- XVII Pan American Biennial of Architecture of Quito, November 2010. “Beach House” and “US Building”.
- Biennial Prize SCA / CPAU 2010, Malba, October 2010. ”Beach House”, ”US Building”. - IV International Biennial of Architecture and Urbanism "Habitat + Inclusion" Museum Complex of the City of Lujan, November 2009.
- XII International Biennial of Architecture in Buenos Aires (XII BA09), September 2009. “Building US” , and “Blue Sea”.
- XII Congress Arquisur, National University of Mar del Plata, Faculty of Architecture, Planning and Design, Mar del Plata, October 2008. Concrete House.
- 11th International Venice Biennale of Architecture, September / November 2008. Concrete House.
- XVI Pan American Biennial of Architecture of Quito, November 2008. Concrete House.
- 7th Architecture Biennale in Sao Paulo in December 2007. Casa Mar Azul and Concrete House.
- XI International Biennial of Architecture in Buenos Aires (XI BA07), September 2007. Concrete House, Casa Mar Azul and Casa Pilar.